Hot off two ‘Best in Show’ Awards at the 2013 National Association of Broadcasters Convention (NAB) in Las Vegas last month, Autodesk, Inc. (NASDAQ:ADSK) announced Autodesk Smoke 2013 Extension 1 professional video editing software is expected to be available beginning May 29, 2013. As part of the product roadmap and influenced by extensive feedback from editors, the release will feature numerous enhancements to help improve functionality, add flexibility and increase speed.
At NAB, Autodesk and Blackmagic Design announced a technology collaboration, and now just weeks later, the first outcome of the collaboration is available to customers. The Smoke 2013 Extension 1 release will introduce support for Blackmagic video IO devices: DeckLink (PCIe video boards); UltraStudio (Thunderbolt boxes) and the Intensity product line.
“Since launching Smoke 2013 in December, the Smoke development team has been forging full steam ahead with rapid and frequent iterations bringing new and improved functionality into the software,” said Chris Bradshaw, senior vice president, Autodesk Media & Entertainment. “Community feedback has been tremendous, and with this Extension release, Smoke will now include two highly requested features – Blackmagic video card support and a powerful new set of trim tools.”
• New support for Blackmagic DeckLink, UltraStudio and Intensity series video IO devices
• New Trim View and new dynamic trimming tools for faster editing
• New support for SonyRAW footage from Sony F5 and F55 cameras
• Improved conform workflow with Apple Final Cut Pro X allows more accurate translation of speed changes and ability to conform ARRI Alexa ProRes files
• Improved feedback mechanisms help editors better track background processes, monitor renders and identify errors
• Improved performance in MediaHub when navigating large data sets
• Improved 3D compositing performance in Action when working with 3D objects, shaders and textures
Autodesk Smoke Pricing and Availability
Autodesk Smoke 2013 Extension 1 will be available to Autodesk Subscription customers later this month. New customers can purchase a standalone Smoke license for $3,495* with an additional $675* for Subscription. Join the tens of thousands of trial users by downloading the free** Smoke 30-day trial. For product features and video tutorials, see the Smoke product center, join the Smoke community, visit the Smoke Learning Channel, follow #AutodeskSmoke on Twitter and like Smoke on Facebook.